If you are looking for a fool-proof and delicious vegan pancake recipe that is healthy; look no further. I know I often call my recipes fool-proof and go-to’s but seriously, these are just that. They come together within 5-10 minutes and are highly adaptable to your preferences! The base if made of oat flour (oats processed in a food processor or blender), ripe bananas, cinnamon and plant-based milk. From there, you can add anything you want such as; peanut butter powder, cocoa or carob powder, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.
The only “down” side I’ve noticed from these compared to these typical pancakes, is that they take a bit longer to cook. I would recommend using two pans at once especially if you are cooking for many people at once. But honestly, this “down” side, which in my mind is really no big deal, is compensated grandly by the simply fact that these are extremely healthy!
- 1 cup oats, processed into a flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup plant milk, unsweetened or sweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- maple syrup
- Add the oats to a food processor and process until it forms a flour-like consistency.
- Add the bananas, plant milk, vanilla and cinnamon to the food processor and process until smooth.
- Cook in a frying pan on medium heat for 3 minutes or so per side.
- Top with fruit and maple syrup.