There are not many things I prefer to oats for breakfast. Since it’s currently summertime, I had been neglecting my warm oats consumption and I randomly decided to make this bowl last weekend… and man was it delicious. I added some of my trusted peanut butter powder (US / Canada) which instantly transforms anything it’s added to! This made the oats so creamy and rich! Top your own oats with your favorite ingredients and you won’t be disappointed! For me, it was bananas, fresh blueberries, a bit of hemp seeds and I finally topped it with a 3 ingredients chocolate sauce (carob or cocoa/cacao powder, sugar and water). This chocolate sauce is also delicious on smoothie bowls or nice cream!
You can create an infinite amount of variations of this breakfast bowl, which is why oats are so great! Share your own creations and tag me on Instagram using @parsleyvegan or #parsleyvegan.
- 1 cup oats of choice
- 1 cup cashew milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs peanut butter powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar, divided
- banana, sliced
- fresh bluerries
- hemp seeds
- 1.5 tbs carob powder
- 1.5 tbs water
- Place the cashew milk and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the peanut butter powder and 1 tsp of sugar of choice and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and let simmer until they are cooked to your liking.
- While the oats are cooking, prep all of your topping ingredients; slice the banana and mix the carob powder, water and sugar in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Once the oats are cooked, assemble the bowl and enjoy!